In my concept development class on Tuesday January 24th we discussed mainly about creativity. We spoke on how we go about being creative, where creativity comes from, and ways we communicate these ideas to others. One topic that was touched upon the most was how we got our ideas. Not everyone is the same when it comes to creating ideas. This topic was very titillating to me because this was an issue I personally never spoke to anyone about. I found it titillating because I know now how some people have different ways of creating. As weird as some may sound, it works for them and it also brings the possibility of also trying them for myself. Our class was instructive due to all of the communication that was happening in regards to our in class assignments. We later broke into groups with 5 pictures that each of us brought into class. Our goal was to create a story with at the least 3 pictures and at most 6. In this exercise we had to communicate and be creative. Reason being is that the story had to be unambiguous to the viewer. I found this task to be quite fun because my group mates and I had several stories but we did in the end choose the best story.
Through my creative career I personally have had trouble with creating ideas. When I try to create an idea I usually just sit and stare at the wall or ceiling waiting for some thing or idea to pop in my head. I have found that when I wait for an idea I happen to wait for a very long time. I have yet to master a way of creating ideas. I will usually ask friends or family about their thoughts in regards to an assignment that I am presented with. At the end of the day I come up with an idea from several ideas that I have heard throughout the day. I just put all these ideas in my head and come up with something original. So I still need to find a better process of creating ideas. Its a work in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment