Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Day 8 for Tues. 7th
On Tuesday my Concept Development 220 class was a game day. Each classmate had to bring in a game, whether it was a board game, dice game, or card game. So we spent almost the entire class period playing a different game, with a different person every 30 mins or so. All in all it was a repose class period day with laughs and fun. What was different though about our activities in class, was that we had to stop and analyze what the game was about. Why and how it created emotions from us. I have never once stopped to think of these things while or after I played them. That is probably how into the games I am. All of the games that I took part in kept me beguiled in the game. Also my competitive nature took over. As a designer I believe the goal behind us playing these games was to feel emotions. Somehow as a design major/visual communications major must create emotions in the targeted population. This is exigent in trying to create a successful product. So our assigned homework is to create a new game, and come up with 9 concepts for this game. We must create a type of process map which includes all of these concepts and rules but make it visual as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment