Happy Valentines day
On Tuesday our game presentations were due, I was the third
person to present their Pitch to the class.
After seeing my other two classmates present before me I noticed that I
needed to revaluate my strategy. I
personally know that I am not the greatest presenter in the world but one of my
biggest fears and weaknesses is presenting in front of my colleagues. Another big fear that I have is being
critiqued. I do know that the profession
that I am currently trying to pursue is based on being critiqued in front of
clients or colleagues. What I did do was
rehearse and organize the way I was going to present my game. Prior to presenting I tell myself that I do
not know these people and I am never going to see them again. I take that feeling and apply it to how I
feel and for the most part my nerves go away.
The other approach that I kept in mind was to keep my presentation short
and concise and only touching upon key points.
I did not receive too many critiques from my classmates, which I was for
the most part actually disappointed in.
One point I did note was how as confident as I was in the beginning of
my presentation I do need to be in the end of my presentation. For the most
part I felt that my presentation was well presented compared to the other
presenters but there is a lot that you can learn by listening. Noticing the little things matter, from the
words you use, to the way you communicate using your hands. Try to be inviting while speaking to your
audience. The little things do matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment