On Thursday February 23rd, Professor Moss
explained what our final project is. At
first when I noticed the word “Final” in my class I tend to get stressed. Hence the reason why Professor Moss put the word
project behind it. He pointed out how
the use of words can change feelings towards different goals or
assignments. So our final project is to
make a one-minute video of what we think Graphic Design is at Cal State Los
Angeles. We must post this video on YouTube
and show it in class. I am freaking out
because I have zero time during the weekend to make a video, yet alone turn it
in for a big chunk of my grade. I am
already starting to stress out.
After I went into panic mode during class, we touched upon
another topic in class that was presented to us. Motivation, where do we find it upon
ourselves to have it. What motivates
us? Well I noticed that some students
want instant gratification, which will show immediately in what we do. Other students work towards a long term goal
that is delayed gratification in which will pay off in a later part of their
career, whether it is in their career path, life, or any goal that they have in
the distant future.
Professor Moss had a hand full of students sit in front of
the class and had them discuss how students felt in regards to instant
gratification and delayed gratification.
Then we placed a different set of students who were presented with a
different subject which was where do you get your motivation from. At this point students were sharing where
their motivation comes from. I felt that
at this point in the discussion we all had a moment where we actually dug deep in
and really thought about how we each come up with our inspiration and
motivation to accomplish a task or goal.
I feel that this was a key moment to everyone. In order to know how or what you are doing,
you need to know why. I feel that
knowing why your doing a certain task is essential, because it gives you that
self-motivation that you sometimes need. I feel
the class was a perfect example of Concept Development due to the class
discussions that we had among ourselves for that day. We opened up about ourselves and discussed
the way we develop ideas and how we come up with certain concepts.
Insignificant
Impressionistic
Superficial
No comments:
Post a Comment