Monday, February 27, 2012

Kali Nikitas and Game


On Tuesday February 21st, we were to bring in our briefs for our games and our response papers from the AIGA speaker event that we all attended.  The speaker was Kali Nikitas.  In the beginning of class we were all instructed to place ourselves in a circle.  We were then instructed to discuss our opinions from Kali’s speech and what we got out of the event.  I found this to be very interesting due to the fact that most of my classmates including myself participated.  I was not surprised as to hear what most people got out of the event because I had taken the same stand in which they did as well.  As a student who will not going to be in the graphic design program much longer, I approach every class in from a different perspective as opposed to a student working very hard in their program.  I try to relate the topic at hand in a way that will help me in the future with a different subject.  But to touch upon our class discussion I noticed how some students had mixed feelings in regards to the guest speaker.  Voicing our opinions was very important to all of us so we can pull ideas and concepts from each other that we perhaps missed during the event.  As always it is very important to recap on events that we attend to help us grasp ideas and concepts for a better understanding and to help relate the topics to our own lives. 
For our next activity, Professor Moss had us split up into two groups and play a game.  It is very difficult to explain in writing how to play the game.  The concept of the game is to take two objects, while not saying what the objects are but calling them something other than what they are.  Then the person starting the game states what they are and sends them along in the circle in opposite directions.  The goal of the game is to send the different objects all the way around the circle of people with out messing up.  What is really tricky is that everyone must listen and pronunciate correctly at all times or the game can become very confusing.  I personally felt that I was playing the game correctly and making it very clear to my classmates but it is a group effort to accomplish the goal, which our group could not do.  What I did notice was that our group was definitely not having as much fun as the other group who did finish their goal of the game.

Recondite
Esoteric
Melodramatic

No comments:

Post a Comment